A summary of minutes from our July branch committee meeting.
– Recruitment – update
– Treasurers report – update
– New contract buyout – a detailed discussion was held about this, and a plan of action was agreed including writing to councillors, putting together a motion to Labour Party wards and CLPs, putting in a regrading claim for library workers, writing to local MPs and Jeremy Corbyn, and trying to find out which of our members are also Labour Party members.
– CJCC – update on management plans to take away right of dismissed workers to appeal to councillors
– Corporate services – Shared digital will not be a wholly shared service, so Islington and Haringey workers will not be TUPE transferred into Camden.
– Supporting communities – issues in regulatory services and libraries discussed.
– Supporting people – brewing disputes discuss in Camden School for Girls (for outsourced cleaners), Edith Neville School (around redundancies), York Way (about staff parking being removed) and proposed Early Years cuts
– Private/3rd sector – we are liaising with the Unison region to get a timetable for an official strike ballot for NSL workers. Croma dismissals also discussed.
– Self Organised Groups – Camden Unison and CBWG met with senior management around inequality in the council. It was agreed that an in-depth refresher of the councils equality objectives would take place, and that an Equality and Diversity Board will be set up to review Camden’s progress against the set equality objectives and actively promote staff development and career progression. Black History Month celebrations also discussed.
– Health and Safety – risk assessment and library issues discussed.
– Conferences – report backs from recent Unison conferences heard
– Motion to donate to the campaign to return the body of a murdered union activist in Italy to Mali agreed
– Further donation to Kirklees striking bin workers agreed
– Stand up to Racism conference affiliation agreed
– Motion on supporting trans people at Pride events agreed