The LGBT Workers Group is for all self-defining lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, non-binary and questioning UNISON members (and non-UNISON Camden Council Staff are welcome). Our meetings are informal and held monthly.
The ‘agenda’ is set based on what members want to talk about – which previously has included things such as the closure of the Black Cap and if there is anything we can do, the impact of the cuts to the public sector (specifically we have done work on the cuts to sexual health services) and then more fun stuff around interesting LGBTQ meetings and events going on around London. We try to be ‘action’ focused so that we can have an impact, but are also there for anyone who has anything to report from their workplace.
If you have any questions, comments or would like to join the group – please contact the branch!
FUTURE LGBT WORKER GROUP MEETINGS
Venue: All meetings are in room 11.13 5 Pancras Square, London, N1C 4AG.
Time: All meetings are 5.00-5.45 pm.
Non-Camden Council UNISON members: If you are not a Camden Council Officer, please get in touch with the branch so we can ensure that you are able to access the 5 Pancras Square building for the meeting.
- TUESDAY 5 JANUARY 2016 (There are two January meetings as we moved our December meeting)
- WEDNESDAY 27 JANUARY 2016
- TUESDAY 23 FEBRUARY 2016
- WEDNESDAY 30 MARCH 2016
- TUESDAY 26 APRIL 2016
- WEDNESDAY 25 MAY 2016
Camden Unison’s LGBT Workers Group: Purpose and principles
- To provide Camden LGBT workers with a safe space to air their concerns about their working environment, as it relates to LGBT identity;
- To help promote unions in general, & UNISON in particular, as tools for the protection & extension of LGBT rights;
- To help the wider union understand the concerns & needs of its LGBT membership;
- To increase awareness of LGBT community events & resources within the borough.
- To be part of any general political activity within UNISON’s remit and campaign alongside other UNISON members for equality and justice where appropriate
- So that the group remains a safe space, communications within the group & at meetings are confidential unless the group itself permits release of information about it to a third party;
- Further to this, non LGBT identifying people can only attend group meetings with the approval of the membership;
- Group business that is purely UNISON related is only voted on by those members who are also members of the union in good standing.