Our low-paid members on the NSL parking enforcement contract have been taking strike action for a decent pay increase from early September. Here is how you can support the workers.
The background to the dispute is here.
These low paid members (currently earning £8.92 per hour) will of course not be paid during their industrial action, so we need to raise hardship funds. Please donate what you can to help this group of workers. If you currently work for the Council, bear in mind that the pay of outsourced workers is of vital importance, as privatisation is only necessary if it can be used to cut wages, so if outsourced workers can win decent pay it lowers the risk of privatisation for the rest of us.
You can donate quickly and easily here via PayPal:
Alternately you can donate to the hardship fund by bank transfer, here are our account details:
Name: Camden Unison
Sort Code: 08-60-01
Account No: 20040736
Please give the reference “NSL”
Or you can send us a cheque, payable to “Camden Unison” to our address in the below left hand corner of this page.
Sign our petition in support of NSL workers here.
On strike days we have picket lines at each workplace. So when we are taking action please come support us 7 AM-10 AM. Strike days will be advertised here on our website and on our Facebook page. Here are the locations:
- Guilford Street Base, 13-15 Guildford Street WC1 – nearest Tube: Russell Square (right turn out of the station)
- Hampstead Base, Old Town Hall, 213 Haverstock Hill, NW3 (actual office is around the corner in Heath Street), very near Belsize Park Tube (right out of the station)
- Holmes Road/25 Spring Place, NW3 (next to Camden Building Maintenance Depot) houses CCTV workforce – nearest Tube: Kentish Town; also near Kentish Town West Overground station
- Kilburn Base, 199 Belsize Road, NW6, nearest Tube: Kilburn High Road, and
- Regis Road, NW5 3EW- Car Pound & CEO Base, nearest Tube: Kentish Town.
Many thanks for your support!