Summary minutes of the Camden Unison branch officers meeting held on Tuesday 2 October 2018.
– 12 health and safety representatives have agreed to attend the health and safety day on Wednesday 24 October and speakers have been agreed. Liz to request time off with HR.
– Previous minutes agreed
New contract buyout update
– EDT could now gain from additional payments. But despite additional payments for Careline workers they will still lose out. Unison to continue to raise.
– Support workers in hostels (TAG) will lose out as well. Unison raising.
– HR not happy with Unison submitting a deputation to the council raising the issue of sacking and re-engagement. Unison to meet with Jo Brown and Mike Cooke to discuss.
– The first 2 days of action have been very successful with good turnout on picket lines and hardly any crossing picket lines apart from the odd supervisor or non-member
– Unison met with NSL at ACAS but there was no movement on the pay claim
Pay protection proposal
– Management have proposed changes to pay protection arrangements. Unison to ask them for details and circulate.