A short summary of the minutes from our June branch officers meeting.
Issues discussed were:
– New contract buyout – a detailed discussion was held about this with updates from meetings with Mike Cook and Jo Brown
– Appeals – management want to end the right of sacked workers to appeal to councillors. We disagreed with this, and agreed that Unison reps would be prepared to attend meetings after working hours if needed so that management won’t have the excuse to not let members meet with councillors.
– Joint Consultative Committee constitution – we discussed updates on the arrangements for JCC meetings: regular meetings between Unison and senior management
– Corporate JCC agenda – we discussed the upcoming JCC meeting, where we will be raising issues like delays in grievances, redeployment issues, Windrush protocol and external contract monitoring.
– NSL – report back on the brewing pay dispute. No movement from management on pay, but there has been a good turnout for union meetings, with unanimous votes in favour of strike action.
– Croma sackings – ET claims have been lodged and ACAS conciliation has taken place
– Branch Committee – left over agenda items from the BC were discussed
– Conferences – Plans for upcoming Unison conferences were discussed, to be decided at branch committee.
– AOB – Concerns raised about allocations of cases to reps. To be discussed at the next meeting.