Best wishes for Christmas and New Year to all the readers of this website!
The chance to have free time, rest and relaxation away from work is something that workers and the trade union movement have campaigned for over many decades. Until the 1870s, there were no bank holidays and they were introduced for the first time under the Bank Holidays Act 1871. Since then, subsequent legislation has added more – and we now have eight: New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, the May Day Bank Holiday, Spring Bank Holiday, August Bank Holiday, Christmas and Boxing Day. This is still less than in some other European countries, and the addition of more public holidays is definitely one issue on which we should harmonise more with Europe!
- Camden Black Workers Group AGM Thursday 19th September 2019 5PS at 3pm in room 11 level 11. The CBWG invites to its AGM to celebrate another year of achievements and activities.
- Climate Rally outside 5PS at 12.30 and Student Strike in Parliament Sq at 2pm on Friday 20 September 2019
- Branch officers meeting minutes October 2018
- Branch committee meeting minutes September 2018
- Term time only pay calculator
Topicsadmin agency work agile working AGM Amey annual leave BHM BME Camden Eye care workers casual work Caterlink CBWG cleaners craftworkers cuts cycling demonstrations disability disciplinary dismissal early years elderly elections equalities events GLL Hays health & safety history ICT international ISS JNC LB Camden LGBT libraries living wage meetings mental health minutes NJC NSL obituary on-the-job action One Housing Group pay pensions play privatisation PRP recruitment RSI schools Shaw sickness social work strikes success Supporting Communities Supporting People surveys Swiss Cottage school trade unionism training Transport Tribunals UNISON welfare video women workload your rights youth